Peace in Mind and Movement
My classes, workshops, and private sessions share a common goal: to identify and then lessen the tension, gripping and bracing that create unhealthy movement habits that contribute to diminished stamina, injuries, physical and mental pain/suffering. Addressing these issues opens the pathway to harmony within our whole being. ~ Maureen Maclise
What is Therapeutic Yoga?
Using novel movements to uncover dysfunctional patterns/habits in the body/mind. Then helping the body remember how it was designed to move. As functional movement improves we are able to more fully receive the intended benefits of our yoga asana (poses) and pranayama (breathing) practices.
The success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships. ~ T.K.V. Desikachar
Mini - Immersion Workshops
Understanding Your Yoga Practice
- Understanding Your Breath (as a spine stabilizer)
- Understanding Your Posture
- Understanding Your Largest Joints/Core Relationships
- Understanding Your Prana and Habits
- Understanding Your Knees and Neck (in standing poses)
- Understanding Your Home Practice Sequence